Professional development is an essential part of maintaining ongoing competency in social and human services fields. Douglas College's Faculty of Child, Family and Community Studies (CFCS) provides continuing education and professional development on current issues, theories and trends.
Please see the Table of Contents for a list of Programs and Courses available.
Classes are held:
- New Westminster Campus (700 Royal Avenue)
- Coquitlam Campus (1250 Pinetree Way)
- Off campus locations
Customized and Contract Training
The Continuing Education faculty at Douglas College can design, plan and deliver professional development to meet the specific needs of your agency. Our programs and courses can be delivered on your schedule and at the location of your choice. For information, please contact us at Continuing Education.
Dr Cheryl Jeffs 604-527-5161
Email 604 527 5479
Payment of the course fee must accompany registration. CE Registration at 604 527-5472.
Program Admissions Application (pdf) for:
- Career Development Practice (part-time) Certificate
- Job Club Training
Organizations: Request an invoice for tuition and/or books
Details for being invoiced for an employee(s) or client(s) course(s) and/or books and materials.
- Authorization to invoice courses (for organizations)
- Authorization to invoice books/materials (for organizations)
Receipts for Income Tax purposes issued
Official transcripts and certificates available
Douglas College is a Public Post-Secondary Institution. Amenities include:
- Parking (reduced rates for CE students)
- Cafeteria, Tim Horton's & DC Deli
- Student Services: Career Resource Centre; Counselling Services - Career & Personal; Centre for Students with Disabilities; Learning Centre, Aboriginal Student Services
- Computer labs (free printing on campus)
- New Westminster: Skytrain station is one block away
Tel: 604 527 5479
Driving and Campus Directions http://www.douglascollege.ca/about/campuses/index.html